We are looking for adult volunteers (ages 19 and up) for Upper Room 2022 on Friday, October 21 and Saturday, October 22.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Have a servant’s heart, a listening ear, an accepting attitude, and a compassionate vision
- Enjoy working with others
- Will perform tasks willingly and responsibly
- Will be open to instruction and direction from event leadership
Volunteer Task Areas
Under the supervision of the Production Coordinator and Stage Manager, these volunteers will help with the delivery of the program by executing the technical needs of the content and managing the stage and equipment needed.
- Running and handling various technological components such as laptops, projectors, and lighting
- Setting up aspects of the set, stage, and other environments
- Assisting the professional A/V company as required
Under the supervision of the Hospitality Coordinator, these volunteers will help with hospitality, people movement and general logistics of the event.
- Assisting with set-up and take-down throughout the event
- Helping with participant registration and check-in
- Security at the doors to the conference rooms
- Ushering during Confession and during Mass
These volunteers will be stationed at the art display throughout the event, providing hospitality and helping to answer any questions.
- All volunteers will receive a volunteer t-shirt to wear during the event
- Lunch will be provided to those who volunteer for the entire day on Saturday
Please note that Upper Room volunteers are not guaranteed to see or participate in the main event programming.
Volunteer Application Deadline: Friday, September 30
Once you apply, you should immediately receive an automated confirmation email.
Applications will then be reviewed by the Volunteer Coordinator and each applicant will receive an email by Friday, September 30, to confirm whether or not their application has been accepted.
We will do our best to accommodate your preferred task area as specified in the application form, but we cannot guarantee it.
For questions about volunteer roles, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Laura Carandang, at [email protected].
For issues with your online submission or confirmation email, please email the main Upper Room contact at [email protected].